The Next Hike

Check here every week for details on the next Trekker hike!

Thursday, February 21, 2019

Next Hike

The next hike day is Saturday, 23rd February.

Once again the local winter weather conditions on Texada continue to make it difficult to plan ahead for any outdoor activities.  We still have a lot of snow on the ground as I write, temperatures are still fluctuating close to zero Celsius and its possible we will have some precipitation both before and during the day on Saturday. During the week there has been a little melting of the snow on the ground where the sun reaches it, but overnight the water turns to ice and makes walking safely really difficult. The predicted high for Saturday is just  +1 deg C. 

I don't plan to hike myself again, but as we did last week anyone interested in doing so can phone me at any time before 10:00am on Saturday and I will bring you up to date on anything that is planned.

John Dove:—  604 486 7100  (my answering machine kicks in after quite a few rings so you can leave a message and I will get back to you.)
 
  Thanks Candi for your photo from the hike last week.  She reports that the hike was  "…..wet and slushy, but very enjoyable."  
JD.

Hiking a snowy forest trail near Van Anda.

No comments:

Post a Comment