The Next Hike

Check here every week for details on the next Trekker hike!

Thursday, April 8, 2010

Next Hike

The next hike will be on Saturday, 10th April.
We meet at the Ballpark in Gillies Bay at 10:00am

This week I am still working with the Brant geese on the beaches of Vancouver Island.  I had a very good day today as I was able to read nearly 50 leg band codes with my telescope, and all on just one beach, at Rathtrevor Provincial Park, Parksville.
    My photo for this week is of a juvenile bald eagle that was hanging around all day on the beach where I was working. It was easy to approach and seems to be unafraid of people, so I should think it must have spent some time in capitivity as bald eagles are usually quite timid.
JD.





All new Yahoo! Mail - Get a sneak peak at messages with a handy reading pane.

No comments:

Post a Comment