The Next Hike

Check here every week for details on the next Trekker hike!

Friday, November 11, 2011

Next hike.

The next hike will be on Saturday, 12the November.
We meet at the Ballpark in Gillies Bay at 10:00am

My photo this week is one I took on a recent hike. I am often able to put names to the fungi I see on Texada, and I am certainly able to identify some of the more popular edible ones.  However, there are many fungi that are hard to identify even though very striking in appearance and the cluster of bright orange-red ones in my photo are not ones I know by name.  They really glow with colour even on a dull day and in a shady location and it's a mystery to me why they should be this way.  I have no idea if they are poisonous or edible, but they certainly make an eye catching picture!
JD.

 A brilliant orange-red coloured mushroom, species unknown.

No comments:

Post a Comment