The Next Hike

Check here every week for details on the next Trekker hike!

Friday, April 4, 2014

The Next Hike

The next hike will be on Saturday, 5th April.
We meet at the Ballpark in Gillies Bay at 10:00am

Last week we had a lovely day for hiking for a change.  Dry, sunny and not too windy where we stopped for lunch high on the mountainside above Davie Bay.  It looked to us as if Vancouver Island was covered  by a vey dark cloud and I later learned from my friends in the Qualicum area that they had had very heavy rain that morning, and none of the sunshine we enjoyed. 

On the way back to our vehicles we passed a recently logged area where deer proof fencing surrounded a small area of replanted clearcut.  Inside the enclosure we could see the only young freshly planted trees protected from the deer were Arbutus.  Odd, I know, but I do undestand what is going on here and I will explain it all another day.
JD.

No comments:

Post a Comment