The Next Hike

Check here every week for details on the next Trekker hike!

Thursday, February 14, 2019

Next Hike

The next hike day is Saturday, 16th February.

Normally I would know where we plan to meet, but the winter weather conditions on Texada continue to make it difficult to plan ahead for any outdoor activities.  We have a lot of snow on the ground as I write and we are expecting to get some more before Saturday morning and while there has been a little melting during the daytime, this has just meant there is hidden ice in places.
 
I don't plan to hike myself but there are a few hikers who are thinking about doing so in the Van Anda area if the snow conditions seem reasonable enough to try.  Anyone who wants to join in there or to try something similar in Gillies Bay should phone me at any time before 10:00am on Saturday and I will bring you up to date on the planning.

John Dove:—  604 486 7100  (my answering machine kicks in after quite a few rings so you can leave a message and I will get back to you.)
 
  The photo today is from Terry Hollo who did hike last week - thanks Terry.
JD.

Snow sparkling as it falls from branches in the forest on a hike last week.  - Terry Hollo photo.

1 comment:

  1. HAPPY belated VALENTINES DAY. Thanks for your FAB blogpost. I find it interesting how TEXADA is shaped like a minature Vancouver Island ; - ) Mark Summerland BC

    ReplyDelete