The Next Hike

Check here every week for details on the next Trekker hike!

Thursday, November 7, 2019

Next hike.

The next hike will be on Saturday, 9th November.
We meet at the Ballpark in Gillies Bay at 10:00am

Last week we drove even further south than usual and parked not far before the spot where the road to Anderson Bay starts that long steep descent to south end of Texada.  This was a brand new hike route for me with a trail running through a rugged forested area that I had never tried to explored before.  I think I must have considered it as just another part of the island that was likely to be not of much interest.  Well as we got going I soon realised just how wrong I had been! At first the forest was quite thick and dark and then as we climbed higher it opened out into quite mature forest with little or no undergrowth and we started to find ourselves winding between more and more impressive rocky outcrops narrow ravines. Then we came to the first of the mountain lakes, there were two before lunch and another two in the afternoon, plus a couple of large shallow beaver ponds after that.  And I had never seen any of this before and was enjoying every minute.

My photo is at the corner of one of those small lakes where the sun was reaching the lovely green moss on the rocks and where the dark still water had created a near perfect mirror.
JD.
    
Reflections in the forest!  At the corner of one of the Four Square Lakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment